Our museums are now open.
Welcome to the National Comedy Center. Our new, state-of-the-art LaughSafe program is designed to ensure a healthy, safe and worry-free experience for you during your visit today. The health and safety of our guests is our highest priority.
In much the same way that the Comedy Center redefined the museum visitor experience with state of the art personalization and interactive technology when it first opened in 2018, the LaughSafe program has reimagined health and safety protocols in order to ensure a safe, worry-free and touch-free experience for all visitors to the National Comedy Center and Lucille Ball Desi Arnaz Museum.
With its expansive 37,000 square feet of space and non-linear, free-flow design, coupled with new reduced capacity to 25%, timed-entry ticketing and touch-free protocols, the National Comedy Center is uniquely suited to enable a safe, socially-distant and worry-free visitor experience.
The LaughSafe health and safety program features include:
- “Touch-Free”: All exhibits and screens are now touch-free with the use of a disposable stylus, disposable earbuds and a new “LaughCard” featuring an RFID chip for personalized comedy.
- Temperature checks are required for all guests and staff members upon entry, as well as a daily health screening for staff members.
- Masks are required to be worn by staff and guests (including children age 2 and above) at all times.
- Museum capacity has been reduced to 25% and timed guest entry protocols have been implemented.
- Certain exhibit experiences in contained spaces are limited to small groups consisting of members of same household.
- Advanced online reservations are strongly recommended to ensure entry.
- Social distancing markers and signage have been placed throughout the museum to ensure proper physical distance between guests.
- Hand-sanitizing stations are located throughout the museum.
- Touch-free, contactless payment options are now available.
- Museum staff have been trained extensively for new health and safety protocols.
- State-of-the-art, deep cleaning and disinfecting techniques have been implemented, including frequent disinfecting throughout the day.
Please help us ensure the health and safety of all guests and staff members:
- Do not visit if you are feeling ill, are experiencing COVID symptoms or have had recent contact with someone who is experiencing COVID symptoms.
- Wear a face covering at all times while in the museum.
- Maintain at least six feet distance between you and other guests.
- Avoid crowds and large groups by moving to less-populated exhibits — you can navigate the exhibits in any order.
- Scan your LaughCard at interactive exhibits by waving it in front of the scanner without touching.
- Use your stylus to activate touch screens. Please refrain from touching these screens with your hands and avoid touching the tip of the stylus.
- Follow all displayed instructions at exhibits.
- Wash hands often with soap and water and use hand sanitizing stations.
- Follow staff member directions at all times.
- Let a staff member know if you have any concerns or questions.